I made this salad over a month ago. It was so delicious. I’m only posting about it now because I totally forgot about it. Just looking at the pictures reminds me how delicious it was.
Kale is one of those foods that can pretty much go in anything (right now, we juice the heck out of kale) but before this salad I had only ever cooked kale.
Here’s what you do:
- corn on the cob
- cherry tomatoes
- beets (I used yellow beets but any will work)
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spritz olive oil on a baking sheet and place chopped beets on sheet to roast. Sprinkle with salt. I also place the corn on the cob in the oven to roast at the same time. Usually about 20-30 minutes for beets and corn.
2. Throw the cherry tomatoes into the beet pan for the last 15 minutes to roast.
3. As the beets, corn, and kale are cooking, cut the rib out of the kale. Rip the kale into pieces and place into a bowl. Spritz with olive oil and squeeze one whole lemon’s juice over kale. Massage the kale for a few minutes. It will wilt pretty quick become really easy to chew.
4. Once the corn is roasted, shave it off of the cob into the salad. Toss the beets, corn and tomatoes into the kale.
5. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Seriously, this salad was so good. I think you could do a lot of different things to it (like add meats, especially a sausage) to alter or spice it up. We love beets in our house so they really added a hearty taste to this salad. So good! And nutritious!