I sold my wedding dress! I chose the website PreOwnedWeddingDresses because it has awesome reviews. You have to pay a small fee to post your gown but they almost guarantee you will sell it within 6 months. I posted my gown in December and sold it at the end of January. I actually had a total of 11 inquiries into my gown but sold it to the first woman who contacted me (granted, she contacted me in December but couldn’t pay until January so I was willing to work with her). It didn’t take long to sell at all and I made sure to post HIGH QUALITY pictures (many are cell phone quality and that is a big turn off to someone willing to spend hundreds of dollars!). You might be wondering why I decided to sell my dress…
1. I will never wear it again.
2. I am not attached to the dress. Yes, I wore it on a very special day but I am much more attached to the day than the gown. I have pictures to remind me of how I looked in it, on that day.
3. If we have a daughter I will not be that mother who begs her to re-use my gown in some way, shape, or form.
4. It has been hanging on our office door since September 18, 2011.
5. I loved my dress and felt beautiful in it and I wanted someone else to get the benefit of my dress.
Was I sad? A little actually. But I was much more relieved to see it gone, knowing the woman who bought it will be unbelievably beautiful and happy in it. Also, you couldn’t imagine how nice it was to remove it from the office door where it has basically been staring at us for the past four months.
(Images from Carrie Stroud Photography)