Since I had last summer off from work, I decided to set some goals to bide my time. Did I achieve any of them? I did!
Finish knitting an elephant toy.
2. Beat Mario Galaxy 2. For reals. (It was too nice to play video games).
Watch Dexter. (more like become an obsessive fan of Dexter. I even had creepy Dexter dreams. I thought of naming our son Dexter…that’s how crazy it got).
Walk my girls every morning (when it is not raining). (I did it almost every morning!)
5. Garden. (hahahaha, not)
Cook and bake new dishes. (maybe this happened? I don’t remember).
Wash all of our little guy’s clothes and Bum Genius Diapers!
Read and relax in the sun.
Buy a pool and beach myself.
10. Prep my fall online courses. (I waited until the night before… and then panicked).
Enjoy Manfriend’s amazing bbq burgers and steaks.
Spend time with Manfriend.
Not check email!
Draw, paint, craft.
This summer I have different goals but since I do have the summer off, I have a bunch of things I want to do/accomplish. (Sleeping in isn’t one of them because Caleb likes to wake before 6am. Whomp whomp.)
1. Quilt and craft it up, up in this piece.
2. Start my lil project. (more on that later!)
3. Organize the thousands of pictures and videos we have of Caleb. Daunting.
4. Run/Walk with Caleb 5 times/week. This means we get to play on the swings too since my trail is at a park with a playground!
5. Start Caleb in swimming class.
6. Join a play group for Caleb’s socialization and my sanity.
7. Walk the girls at night.
8. Plan our wedding. We have A LOT to do still.
9. Take naps when Caleb does.
10. Hang out with friends and family as much as possible.
11. Get a zoo membership and become a zoo junkie and claim that Caleb loves it but use him as an excuse so I can watch the hippos and orangutans all day long.
12. Drop 25 lbs.
13. Make dinner (I’ve really been slacking in the cooking department the last few months).
14. Go to the ocean and fly a kite.
15. Dates and picnics!
16. Watch some really trashy TV.
Do you set summer goals? Do summer goals fly out the window once we have “real world” jobs where there is no summer break? I don’t think I set summer goals when I had to work during summer, but now- they are completely relevant to me.