Well, if you will recall, I did the red cabbage sex test when I was pregnant with Caleb and it gave me a boy result. It was correct. (You can read more about that here. You can also read my rant about why it is NOT a gender test. Gender is socially constructed. It’s not biological like sex).
Here are the steps to the test:
1. Buy red cabbage
2. Dice red cabbage into small pieces (about 1 cup)
3. Boil red cabbage in water (I used about 1.5 cups)
4. Drain the red cabbage but SAVE the water. (about 1/4 C)
5. Let the cabbage water cool to room temperature.
6. Go pee in a something (I held it for about 5 hours so it was especially icky)
7. Make sure the amounts of pee are equal to the cabbage water.
8. Mix and see. Red= boy and Purple= girl.
This time my results were purple…and red. Very strange. The outside looked purple but the inside looks red. Upon first glance it looked really purple to me. I can’t determine as easily as I did with Caleb.
This is a comparison between my pregnancy in 2010 and my current pregnancy.
I also did the baking soda test where if your urine fizzes it’s a boy. Mine had some bubbles but didn’t fizz at all so I guess that would be a girl result? The Chinese Gender calendar predicts it is a girl. My sister and a few friends think it is a girl but my intuition is kind of saying boy. I guess we’ll see!